Monday, March 30, 2009

Good Weekend

Good news: I am back to blonde! And my hair is eight inches shorter. It is quite a change to run my fingers through my hair and have it end so much sooner. But I love it!
This weekend Russ and I went up to Logan. The roads were snowy and we're grateful to have made it there and back safely. We played games with the Lee family, visited with our good friend Gabe, ate lots of good food, and even made a rainbow cake! It was a relaxing 24 hours.
We saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button on Friday night and loved it! Except nobody told me that it was as long as Titanic. The movie started at 10:30 and didn't end until 1:30 in the morning! But it was an incredible film, really thought-provoking. I thought the cinematography was breathtaking too.
Before our movie, Russ wanted to check out the Quary so we walked over there and the guy working there let Russ climb the wall for free! He loved it. As soon as his Gold's Gym pass is up in two years, he wants a rock climbing membership. I think the place smells like stinky feet.
Now the fun is over and it's back to the grindstone. But more good news: the end is near! April is coming and there are only a few weeks left in the semester. I am determined to be optimistic. Otherwise I will look at the cold windy snow outside and run back into my room and pull my head under the covers and not come out until final exams have ended.

9 comments:

BYU Fish said...

Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh!!! That's all I could think about driving down to "Elwood" Sunday morning....SERIOUSLY!! But hey, there's green grass under the snow and we'll see it soon enough! GOOD LUCK WITH FINALS!

Sara said...

I wish we came up with you guys!!! I'm stillworking on finding you a new phone. I LOOOOVE THE HAIR. and I saw the rainbow cakes on Alisons blog. They look SWEEEEEET. Love youuu. Oh and we are serious about the sleepover. We will bring all our cushions and blankets over after Russ' backpacking escapade.

mj said...

yes keep up the good attitude. we can make it. I have a technique fake it til you make it. and most of the time it works. I just pretend like i know how to be an opera singer and sometimes I laugh to myself because I'm fooling the world.

mj said...

PS: I need a better picture of the hair. NO offense.

Jason + Sarah said...

I feel the same way bout the end of that post. Can it please get warm so that I can be happy to take my finals?

Jessica said...

LOVE the haircut. Can't wait to see it in person!

allison said...

fun weekend! i still want to see that button movie. it was so fun to have you guys come and visit us...pretty soon Evie will be old enough to go out into the big wide world with us and WE'LL visit YOU!! In fact, I'm looking at your right now through your window. Ok, that was creepy...I'm not really but I hope you looked at the closet window. Love you kids.

allison said...

And PS, CUTE hair!

Makenzie Iorg said...

You guys are the cutest couple. Yes, we should hang out soon. Hope you're not too stressed about finals.