Saturday, May 23, 2009

Nerdy

Haha! Russ and I went to see Star Trek at the movie theater last night. The real movie theater where they have stadium seating and cushy chairs with a removable armrest and floors not covered with a layer of root beer, not the nasty dollar one. By the way, Melissa, thanks for the giftcard, you are a gem! Personally, I would have chosen 17 Again, but I was trying to appease Russ. Unfortunately, it was the nerdiest movie either of us has ever seen in our lives... normal people going to bars with gross, creepy-looking aliens (Russ said one of them had a face that looked like a moldy piece of bread), Captain Kirk thinking he's so smooth and cool he can eat an apple annoyingly while trying to command the U.S.S. Enterprise, planets being sucked through black holes (Russ liked that part actually), and bad guys with tattooed faces and said crappy lines like "You let the enemy steal our starcraft? I'm so angry right now! Get it back!!!"

I will admit, I developed a small inexplicable crush on Spock. Good thing, since he really looks like this. I knew I had good judgment.
Nerdy movie, but good for some laughs. Only go see this movie with someone hilarious, so you can laugh about it the whole time.

7 comments:

zookie said...

Oh man, I was getting great reviews from my side of the state on that movie. I trust your opinion more, especially after your Spock confession. I've always secretly had a crush on Sylar from Heroes, but since he's the ultimate bad guy, I can't really go around admitting it.

mj said...

ha. I can't believe you went to that movie. Seems like it would be funny though. Miss you.

Elle Keeps Moving said...

I'm sorry you guys had to see that. You guys need to go back and see 17 Again. We are obsessed. Jared and I both had a crush on Zac Efron.

allison said...

i have a feeling that would have been an awesome movie to see with you guys...i still remember you guys quoting that beasty movie in France over and over and I had never seen the movie but you guys quoting it cracked me up...what the heck was that movie? based off of a book, and i can't remember.

allison said...

oh! grendel!

allison said...

ps lets the four of us go see 17 again, we want to see it too!

Diana said...

17 Again... WORTH IT! I am sad to hear about Star Trek... my nerdy family loved it... hmm, I gotta get out more!