Friday, June 11, 2010

Oh No

I am in a state of utter panic.
I start teaching tomorrow. Three classes. Tomorrow morning, I will be staring at a room full of 4-year olds and their parents. I am mortified.
I have a million things to do and it feels like I have suddenly run out of time. My nerves are shot. I've been running around like a chicken without a head. I burst into tears when I opened the fridge and discovered we were out of milk this morning. Russ was all too glad to leave me in a frenzied heap this morning and scoot off to his cool new job at the airport.
I have to go to the store and buy paper and Scotch tape and crayons. I have to print assessment and attendance forms. I have to get a map to Salt Lake Community College so I don't get lost. I have to read through the lesson plans so I don't sound like a blubbering fool tomorrow.
Tomorrow.
A blessing will probably help. And a back rub. We'll see if Russ will comply.

8 comments:

Calloways said...

You're so cute :) And I'm sure you are going to do awesome tomorrow!

Sara said...

More funnel cakes will do the trick. I'm really excited for you. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Good Luck. Love you.

Sara said...

Oh and I think you should have a guest blogger post on your blog (as in Russell) As in I want him to write down his trash sorting story... heheheehahahaahahahaha

Jessica said...

You can do it! You're hilarious - the 4-year-olds will love you. Good luck!

zookie said...

The blessing is that you will be speaking a language they understand. Haha!
I hope all goes well. I'm rooting for you and praying you find time to get some sleep, too!

Elise said...

The first day of teaching is always the craziest. But my words of advice are this: Fake it 'til you make it. You've got to go up there with confidence as if you know exactly what you're doing...even if you don't. Good luck!!

Elle Keeps Moving said...

Post soon on how it all went! I'm sure that all of the children and parents have crushes on you.

kjean said...

You will do amazing! I'm excited to hear about it!