Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grandpa Frayne


My Grandpa Frayne passed away on Fathers' Day. 
When I was little, he'd come to my house every morning to spend time with me.
He taught me all kinds of silly songs that I loved to sing with him.
He'd wrap a pillow around the bar of his bike and we'd ride together over the "clink-clinks."
He took me to the park and we rode on the "white lamb" and the "brown dog."
He never missed one of my piano recitals school plays or choir concerts.
When I was at BYU, he came and went bowling with me.
Before I left on my study abroad, he said, "Now, don't get mixed up with Pierre or Jean-Claude."
He'd always say, "What kind of a kid are you?" and I'd always say, "Just Aub."
I felt so special and loved by him, even though he had 24 other grandchildren.
He made me want to be kinder and more gentle.
I adore my Grandpa and I miss him terribly.
I'm thankful for the knowledge I have that I will see him again.

4 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

So precious. What a great picture. You know you're beautiful, right?

Rebecca said...

So sorry for your loss. He sounds like a really great grandpa!

Katie Allenbach said...

Love that picture.

Kristen said...

what a tender post. He sounds like a great man, and the kind of grandpa we all wish we had.