Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cat's Out of the Bag


Notice anything different?

Neither do I, not really yet.

Nevertheless, there IS a baby in there - one that will make his or her appearance at the end of September!

My most favorite things about being pregnant:

1) My students' reactions. Their reaction to the news was just as elated, if not more so, than my own family. They ask me every day how le bébé is doing. They want to know how big he/she is and if I'm still feeling sick. They are currently offering endless suggestions of names. Any time they get a bit rowdy, I shut them up real quick by clutching my stomach dramatically and crying out, "your disruption and noise are so stressful on the baby. Since this effects development, if you keep it up, it could be born with only seven toes." 

2) Being pregnant is my excuse for everything - not wanting to go grocery shopping, being late to anything, taking three hour naps after school, eating too many Bagel Bites, and acting crabby. If anyone comments on my generally sluglike lifestyle as of late, response is always something like "Excuse me, I built a brain today. What do YOU have to show for yourself?"

3) Walking into any store and, having lost all interest in buying clothes for myself, making a beeline for the baby department and cooing over all the teeny tiny things. 

4) Last week, I woke up in the middle of the night to find Russell next to me, bathed in the light of the laptop. He'd been up for hours researching the best kinds of jogging strollers and those cute little carriages that attach to the back of a bike.

My most unfavorite things about being pregnant:

1) I am so tired. While I understand that my body is working extra hard to build and sustain a tiny life, it is frustrating to not be able to do normal things during the day because I need a four-hour nap.

2) Intensified aversion to food and smells. It's always sad when Russell makes a special effort and spends a lot of time to make us a good meal, like breakfast burritos, only to result in my gagging at the sight and smell of them, high-tailing it upstairs, and yelling from my bed for him to bring up some pears and cucumbers.

3) Throwing up in terrible places. To name a few: driving in the car on the freeway; in the (luckily) abandoned kitchen of our ward building during a Mutual activity; and worst of all, in my classroom, during first period. Those poor kids.

26 comments:

Andee and Jose said...

Aubrey! I can't even tell you how excited I am for you! Having a baby is the best, and you are going to be such a cute mom!

JacAriLar said...

Madame Lee, please consider the following baby names that I have formulated very carefully.
BOY NAMES
1. Jebediah Lee
2. Montagne Lee
3. Johannes Lee
4. Buck Lee

GIRLNAMES
1. Shanaynay Lee
2. Sariah Lee
3. Guinevere Lee
4. Rapellabobellaskineeshella Lee

David S. said...

Aubrey, I am so excited to be his/her uncle! I agree with my associate Jaclyn that you must consider one of her suggested names.

Stephanie said...

awesome! way to go!

Richard and Kayla said...

AHHHH!!! I am so so so excited for you! :) Congratulations! can we please get together sometime...? hmm I should text you.

Stephanie Salmon said...

So excited for you!!! Grandma Salmon told me how sick you've been and believe me I know exactly how you feel. We are pretty much due at the same time. Just wait till you start feeling the baby move. It's so much fun!!!

Jess said...

CONGRATS! We are so excited for you guys. I totally agree with your lists...I vividly remember being at a BYU football game when pregnant and wanting to die because of all the awful smells. Not my favorite thing about being pregnant :)

Casey said...

I am overjoyed for you!! From my past 2 months of experience, having a baby is the best thing in the world!!! I'm so sorry you're sick, but feeling those first kicks makes up for all of it! Get ready!! :)

Sara said...

Remember when you guys called to tell us and we were at walmart on a friday night. how embarrassing. can't stop thinking about you. we are so excited for you guys. can't wait to drop the babes off at their grandmas for our vacation in 2014 hahahahha.
love you. hope you start feeling better soon.

Lindy Salmon said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you. (Sorry about the puking . . . that is NOT exciting.)

Sarah B. said...

congrats aubrey! Babies are so much fun! You will be a great mom!

Abbie said...

Congrats Aubrey! I love your response to your kids - I wish I could find a setting to use that in. :) Good luck with everything!!

Grant and Jill said...

Ah! Congrats Aubrey! So happy for you. Throwing up on the freeway is never fun, but hopefully it will get better soon!

Calloways said...

So so excited for both of you. Pregnancy is no fun but the best part is, it doesn't last forever. You guys are going to be the BEST parents. Congratulations!

Elise said...

Aww! A little baby Lee. How exciting and fun! Looks like we're only a couple weeks apart too! Can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy journey.

allison said...

I love you and I love this blog and I love your baby already! I'm so excited for you guys! I hear you on all those things with pregnancy. It is crazy what our bodies go through! I'm so so so so excited for you guys!

PS We have a Chariot jogger/stroller/bike trailer and we are in love with it! We use the normal stroller wheels for jogging too...we have the jogging wheel but I don't like that it's a fixed wheel.

Linda J said...

Yay! We are so excited for you both! You will be awesome parents and he/she will be such a smartie. Any plans to come to Calgary this summer?? It would be so fun to see you. Good luck with the morning sickness - I hope it goes away soon so you can enjoy your pregnancy and eat anything you want. Love you 3!

Shantillylace said...

Woohoo! Congrats, you will be a great mom :) -Shan'tel

Jason + Sarah said...

Seriously so excited for you! We might have to make a trip up there sometime next winter!

Mallory said...

Yea!!! I'm so happy for the two of you. You're going to be the most darling parents. I'm so excited for you guys. Congrats eleventy billion times. :) Love you

L.R.L said...

I love love love this. We're so excited! Please have a girl so Elliot can marry her :)

bonbon said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! That is such great news! Are you still going to teach after le bebe?

Alarie said...

Congrats!

Jackson & Celeste said...

Amazing! So happy for you guys!!!

Mandy said...

Stop it. You are going to have the most beautiful baby. So happy for you!

P+B said...

Congrats Aubrey!! I hope you start to feel better soon, throwing up is the worst!