Monday, May 14, 2012

C'est un Garçon

Last week, Russell and I found out we are having a baby boy.

Nothing can prepare you for that moment. The radiologist is scanning over his miniature heart and spine and feet and then casually mentions a fact you know that will change your life forever.

I knew my life would be altered dramatically one way or the other - princess dresses and tea parties and painted toes versus sticks and mud and Cars 2 bedsheets.

Russell is so excited, of course. He keeps grabbing my stomach and loudly proclaiming, "My SON! Heir to the Lee throne!"

I can't believe there's a little man inside me. I don't know anything about little boys, but what a better way to learn everything? Although I still let out a small pitiful sigh every time we pass the ruffly dresses and headbands in the store, I am getting really excited about little plaid shirts and onesies covered in tigers and lions. I know we're meant to have this baby and that he's meant to be a boy - and I can't wait to meet him.

I had up two posters in my classroom that my students signed. If they guessed right, they got a Tootsie Pop, courtesy of Russell. If it had been up to me, it would have been a Skittle. That's right - one Skittle per person. 


18 comments:

Sara said...

You look great. I can't wait to see you guys... An HEIR to the Lee throne!!!!!! Boys are great.

andrew devey said...

I feel the same way only opposite. I hate walking past blue bats and ball in favor of pink flowers and ruffles. I'm warming up to it too though. It's good to know I'm not alone in my thoughts though. Congrats!

Calloways said...

Dying about the heir to the Lee throne. Also, I hope he doesn't give any candy to the kids who tried to strategically write their name on both sides of the paper :) Congrats! Boys are fun...but I still walk through the girls section when I'm buying kids clothes!

Kathryn said...

Congratulations! Boys are such fun, and I ditto what Lisa said. ;) Girls clothes just look so fun! my favorite boy clothes store is Children's place! They have some really adorable boy clothes!

L.R.L said...

so happy for your good news. boys are an adventure. plus, it's always nice to have a boy first so he can "protect" his sisters that will come.

we love and miss you guys.

Mallory said...

Congrats congrats aub!! That is so exciting. What a cute little boy he'll be. I'm excited to meet him. :) P.S. you look so so darling.

Jessica said...

SO happy for you! Your baby bump is darling. And I have no doubt that your petit garcon will be stylish.

Lindy Salmon said...

Congrats! We obviously don't have a clue what to do with boys, so we'll keep following your blog to learn :).

Ryan + Jess said...

Oh I love boys!! You are the most adorable pregnant lady...seriously. And lets make dinner happen, ok?? As soon as school is done we need to get together. I'm sorry we didn't get to chat more at the reception but it was so great to see you guys!

Erin said...

I laughed out loud about the cars 2 bedsheets! Love you aubrey, I'm so excited to meet your little guy.

Grant and Jill said...

Congrats Aubrey! What a handsome little man he'll be! You look fabulous!

Grant and Jill said...

Congrats Aubrey! What a handsome little man he'll be! You look fabulous!

emma & alyssa said...

Can't wait to meet the little bebe boy. I love him so much already.

emma & alyssa said...

This is Katie btw.

Jeff, Megan, Benjamin, JR and Spencer said...

CONGRATS!!! Boys are great... we love our two and don't really know what we would do with a girl!!! Congrats again!!

allison said...

AH! I was lauhing out loud..."heir to the lee throne"?? Where does he come up with his material! I'm so so so excited for you Aubs! Now that I have had one of each, I can tell you a boy is a great one to start with because there's no way you can screw them up, boys always love their mamas!!! Of course I hope you have a girl next too because one of each is so wonderful but I have not been disappointed with the lack of cute things for boys. Also...it's easier to do their hair and if you don't do their hair, they don't walk around looking like a ragamuffin (poor Evie...).

Jason + Sarah said...

Seriously, once you start thinking about boys, they sound so much easier haha. I love your pregnant belly! Its so precious!

VessandAngie said...

SO excited for you! I can already see him in his little caps an bow ties. :) and you look amazing!