Monday, November 23, 2009

Life Is So Good Right Now

I saw New Moon on Thursday night at 12:45 A.M. What a joy. I did not go with Russell. If you read the post below, you'll know why. When I throw all my scruples and judgment and intellect to the wind, I actually enjoy these movies quite a bit. This one did not disappoint. My favorite part was driving to the theater with Ellen and seeing all the obsessed Twilight teens wearing cheap vampire makeup and eating Cheetos while wrapped up like burritos in their down comforters and laying in the parking lot. Some had been there for HOURS. Come on, people.

I think all my raving about shirtless Native Americans this weekend was starting to perturb Russell. He went to the gym on Saturday and worked out so hard he threw out his back. What is he, 65? Okay, actually he just pulled a muscle. He spent the whole morning yesterday lying flat on his back while I nursed him back to health with Ibuoprofen and hot water bottles. Luckily he is back to his spry and chipper self. And don't worry, I'd take him over any werewolf, any day.

This past weekend we played with both the Logan Lees and the American Fork Allenbachs. We went to Audrey's high school play. She had a solo and was fabulous. We ate yummy food and braved a snowstorm. I don't know if I'm ready for snow, but it's definitely beautiful. We went to my cousin Wade's wedding reception. Mazel tov. I watched Groundhog Day for the first time. We played Balderdash, that dictionary game. My favorite made-up definition: "Muntjac: a rare condition which causes the feet to corrode into a fine powder" (written by Daniel). Or maybe "Lekvar: A springboard mink trap used by fur traders" (written by my dad). Or maybe "Serry: A disease leading to the rapid yellowing and pickling of the liver" (written by Katie). Hilarious.

It's official. We're moving. It all happened so fast. We listed it online and within a day or two, an engaged couple came to see our apartment and then bought the contract. We're leaving right before Christmas and moving in with my Nana who has generously offered her basement to us. Along with a bedroom and tons of storage space, there's a piano and a fireplace and a huge plasma screen TV and a pool table. How could we refuse?

We're spending Thanksgiving at my uncle's house in Midway. It's nestled in the mountains and definitely has that "over the river and through the woods" feel to it. I can't wait to visit with my extended family and play games and eat myself into a food coma.

5 comments:

Sara said...

Can not wait to see some pictures of the sweet house at thanksgiving.- and dude kinda weird that is the AF Allenbachs and Logan Lees. PERFECT. We can't wait to come check out your new place. Love you guys.

byufish said...

Full weekend!! And congrats on braving the movie with all those teenagers. My friend went...she said she started getting worried when the group beside her were Jacob-lovers and the group behind her were Edward-lovers. They were really yelling back and forth for awhile she said. YIKES!! Brave girl you are.

mj said...

sounds wonderful. on all accounts. the movie. the move. all of it.

zookie said...

I read the whole blog even though I had already heard the stories first hand only hours before. I'd rather be forced to re-read your blog for the rest of my life than listen to one more line of Fluellen's cotton tongued mouth.

allison said...

whoa, you're moving!!! That's exciting...I don't want any more people breaking into your apt. please and thank you. Evie is talking to herself in her crib right now...I wonder how the conversation is going, I wish I could understand it. Anyways...we must get together before Christmas!! And Twilight was so de-lish. (Steven even went to see it...with a bunch of other boys...everyone probably thought they were all gay...)