Saturday, November 14, 2009

Narnia

Sometimes, Russell will go to the gym at night. I don't like being left alone, especially when it's dark out. I don't like the quiet and stillness that sets in. It makes me nervous. So I turn on the television for company while I do homework or pilates.
A few nights ago I watched "The Chronicles of Narnia" while Russell was gone. I love this movie. I have crushes on both Peter and Edmund (never mind that neither of them is older than 15 probably) and I love Aslan the lion and the whole Christian allegory. I try to forget that that creepy goat man with weird patches of hair all over his bare back is James McAvoy.
Russell came home right in the intense battle scene and started making all sorts of comments like, "I bet the guy in the yak suit thinks doing this movie was a huge mistake...I bet he never admits to his friends that he's in this movie" and "Wow...James McAvoy...really?" and "Is that beaver seriously wearing chain mail?" Of course I refused to answer him. But yes, if you must know, that beaver was wearing chain mail. It's a battle after all. And then Lucy started going around and healing people with her little bottle of medicine and Russell was like, "Where did she even get that?" And I said, "Santa Claus came to Narnia and gave it to her, remember?" And he just stared at me.
Moral of the story: If your husband is realistic and practical like mine, and what you are watching might be mocked relentlessly, wait by the window to see when he gets home so you can quickly change it to something age-appropriate.

6 comments:

Sara said...

BAHAHAHAHAHA. I can see all of that happening. I mean the Russell comments. hahahah. love you. see you guys tomorrow.

byufish said...

Oh darn....The Ortons have beat me to the BAHAHAHAHAHAHA comment!! That was HILARIOUS!! Because we KNOW that boy!

Diane said...

Typical Lee movie critic.

Jessica said...

Haha. Sounds like my husband. Where's the imagination!? He walked in on me watching Enchanted one day and had many things to say about that...

imemary said...

Psshh...Narnia is for all folks.

mj said...

oh Russell. See you guys soon. Only three more weeks!