Monday, February 15, 2010

Glad Tidings


Russ and I got called to teach Primary (CTR 6B, to be exact) in our ward. Yesterday was our first time and it was a treat.
We just barely got the manual and didn't have any time to prepare a lesson, so Russ and I had them take turns saying their name, their favorite food, their favorite animal, and their favorite scripture story.
One redhead boy was restless and poking his neighbors until Russ looked at him and said, "What about you? What's your favorite food? You look like a corndog eater." The little boy clapped his hand over his mouth in shock and looked astounded that Russ had guessed that. "You're right, I LOVE corndogs! How did you know?"
One girl with curly brown hair and wide blue eyes said, "My name's Cara and my favorite animal is a horse and I can whinny like one too and my favorite scripture story is when Ammon cuts all those guys' arms off because it fills my soul with glad tidings."
A treat indeed. I love this calling already.

6 comments:

imemary said...

Ha ha, "glad tidings."

Diane said...

That is SO cute. I love your post. CTR 6 kids are the best age! I miss you both.

Sara said...

"Hey, you there.. I bet you're a corndog eater." I've been saying that line to Spencer all day. you guys are the best. We can't wait to get together again soon. Love youuuuuu

byufish said...

Wish you had made it up to the Valentine's/Birthday dinner on Sunday! Oh well...I'm glad you didn't come because we wouldn't have heard the corn dog eater and the glad tidings comments. That is a great age...LOVE that you guys are in primary. PERFECT calling...no adult SS...WOO WOO.

allison said...

ahahahahah, you capture it all so hysterically, I love it.and who knew russ was pyschic....

It's Me...shell said...

glad tidings! HA! I love little kids