Friday, July 2, 2010

Goods & Bads Of Our Summer

Good: I like teaching. Most of my classes are enjoyable. I get to teach a wide range of people: my youngest students are 4 years old and my oldest ones are in their 60s.

Bad:
A classroom full of 10 and 11 year olds = my worst nightmare. HOW does the elementary school teacher handle all their fickleness and insecurity and restlessness? I will never know.


Good: I have Sundays and Mondays off, so I can teach our Primary class, take four-hour naps, have dinner and play games with my family, and take my little sister to the pool.

Bad: Russell works two jobs, and we never have the same days off. I work all day every Saturday, which means I miss out on all kinds of fun things. And Russ has had to work a lot of Sundays, so our Primary kids ask me if he has gone apostate.


Good: I drive on the freeway every day to get to one of my teaching sites, and the car is nice, air-conditioned, reliable, and it runs as smooth as a baby's bottom (Thank you again Lees).

Bad: Katy Perry's "California Gurls" comes on the radio every ten minutes. I absolutely hate it. It's just classless debauchery. I feel ill every time I hear it come on and that perv Snoop Dogg's slimy voice murmurs, "Greetings, loved ones." EW.


Good: My family is in Disneyland this week, so Russell and I are house sitting and puppy sitting. It's fun to have a whole house to ourselves. We've been doing a lot of grilling too.

Bad: Sammy chews on our feet at 5:15 in the morning.


Good: Russell's airport job means that he can bring me home Cinnabon several times a week.

Bad: I can't think of a single bad thing about that situation.

5 comments:

byufish said...

You're right...there isn't one BAD thing about that!! I used to work in a building that had a Cinnabon on the main level...it wasn't bad back then...but now...oh so BAD...my metabolism is shot and just smelling one of those well...the aroma adds 2 pounds to my already burgeoning body!! Sigh. ENJOY THE GOOD OF THE CINNABON AS LONG AS YOU CAN!!!

Sara said...

Your posts are the best. hahahaha We want to see you guys again soon. We love you!

Diane said...

AUBREY - just got your voicemail. We miss you guys. Konrad got home. He is funny and jetlagged but he brought me and the girls some sweet Dooney & Burke purses and D&G wallets. YAY. Went to the cruise-in parade. Looked at pictures of Aspen from last year and decided we want to go again with you guys - how about Aug 13. Brian and MJ live in the woods with bears and mountain lions.

mj said...

I hope you do come visit us. Miss you guys. I think our visit was too short and stupid.

Mandy said...

Aubrey - I just caught up on your blog, and laughed out loud when I read about all of the birthday clubs. What a great idea! Thanks for commenting, Mona is in the middle of nowhere, kind of by Nephi... Southern Utah :)

We should play sometime. I'm serious.