Sunday, August 29, 2010

New

August has been a busy month for the Lees. Have a looksie:
I got straight bangs cut. Except for that weird identity crisis 2 years ago when I dyed my hair brown, I haven't changed my hair in about six years, so that's been fun.
We moved from Pleasant Grove to Salt Lake City. We live in a cozy little apartment on Capitol Hill. Here's a picture of our living room, the only presentable room in our house. Russ re-energized our bookshelf with some blue spray paint and some sweet tree art. He's quite talented. Having our own space again is fun, but we really miss Nana. Russ got a new bike. He rides it all over town and lets me take the car.
My feet have been killing me all summer, standing all day long, so I bought some old lady Naturalizers. The first day I wore them, they gave me sores and blisters. I am at my wit's end. I have tried all sorts of Dr. Scholl's inserts that have not helped at all. What am I doing wrong?I finished my summer teaching job with the Institute of Reading Development. It made for a challenging, hectic, and busy summer. I got really good at communicating with parents and keeping six-year-old tantrums to a minimum. I learned a lot and it provided me with tons of practice for what I do now....Which is run my own classroom. I started teaching French last week at Midvale Middle. I've wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. It was a crazy first week and I am still learning so much, but it really is a dream come true.I already have papers to go through.
My in-laws blew up this picture of the Eiffel Tower for my birthday. It is the most awesome decoration in my classroom and all my students love it.
It's such a delight to see my name over the door every morning when I walk in, even though the janitor went a bit hog wild with the hot glue gun.

12 comments:

Jessica said...

I love seeing your classroom! I am so excited for you! And glad you survived the little ones during your summer program. Also, LOVE the bangs :)

Elle Keeps Moving said...

So many comments, where do I begin!! Love the bangs, bookshelf, apartment, Russ looming over the laptop using his jump software, old lady naturalizers and your new classroom. I never wanted to be a teacher until i looked at your paper organizers. So tidy. Can't wait to see the new place!

L.R.L said...

Your place looks SO cute and fun. We need need need to come visit. Lets make that happen, okay?

Love you guys!

p.s. Aubrey, your bangs are darling!

*Brandi said...

Hey - Midvale Middle, eh? I did my student teaching at Midvale Elementary. Do those kids feed into your middle school? Hope teaching is going extremely well!

Ryan + Jess said...

You guys are so busy! Your new place looks adorable, you look adorable...and good luck teaching!

Diane said...

AUBREY!!! Your blog is so cute and your classroom! And your livingroom!! I thought the couch was red? Love seeing everything.

byufish said...

I'm hearing some pretty awesome stories....sometime when I get to Salt Lake early for Choir I'm going to need a "look see" at the new place!!

Brian Lee said...

Nice bike Russ. Aubrey, have you every used one of those glue guns? You would go hog wild too.
Cool apartment. Can we stay next time we come Utah?

{tanner. michelle. owen} said...

Some things I love:
I love that somehow I randomly keep running into you at the mall or restaurants.
I am loving your bangs!
And I'm also loving your lamp. (I have the same one:)).

Good luck teaching! I'm sure that you will do great! That is all.

Bekah said...

Hey, so now that you two live in Salt Lake, we should play. We live up by the U, so not too far. I say let's do it...but only if you want to. Cuz, I don't roll with the forced friendships...ummm, perhaps I will see you guys at Kate's thing this weekend, that would be fun. Anyway, hope life is great!

Sara said...

hahahahah I have so much to say about this post. you are hilarious. the apt looks SWEET. we will have to visit :) your classroom is awesome and so legit. I would be so scared. the "HOGWILD" comment killed me hahahahhaa. and then I read Brians comment and laughed again.
love you guys. miss you.

Ashley said...

you are the cutest teacher ever!! your students are lucky ones... miss you aub!