Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Love & The Bachelorette

Katie got me into this season of "The Bachelorette." I watched every episode and thoroughly enjoyed all the drama, the cheesy one-liners, and especially the wussy weatherman.

I wish the dates weren't so outlandish, like being whisked away to a heart-shaped island or flying in a private helicopter over Icelandic volcanoes. Honestly. The way you get to know someone is by by seeing them in everyday situations. I realize this is coming from someone who fell in love with a boy while sitting on the top of the Arc de Triomphe and eating nutella crepes, but I have also loved cooking with that boy and scrubbing mold together off the nasty bathroom walls of our first apartment and going through the McDonald's drive-thru and watching him hold babies and having fun chats about nothing in the middle of the night.

I like Ali and think she is adorable. However, I am incredibly sad that she felt compelled to get so much plastic surgery after the season. Her bottom lip is suddenly enormous, her cheekbones are high and her jaw is much more pronounced, and her nose looks like Michael Jackson's. Why, why, why?

I am happy she chose Roberto, and I hope they last. Katie was annoyed that she didn't pick Chris, because she doesn't think Roberto is in it for the long haul and Ali will be unhappy eating empanadas for every meal. Oh my.

And can I just say how glad I am that she didn't choose this guy?'
Look at that shirt, and he's definitely wearing lip gloss. Woof.

3 comments:

{tanner. michelle. owen} said...

I L.O.V.E. the Bachelorette! Sad to admit, but yes, I love it! Overall I was pleased with the outcome. Looking forward to the next Bachelor. It seems like it is a lot more drama with all the ladies. Next season we should have a Bachelor season finale party! Hooray!

Alison Margot Lee said...

Muahahaha. Oh I love you Aubrey.

Elle Keeps Moving said...

That picture made me laugh so hard. Ty was so annoying. Yeah, I remember his name.

I'm sad to hear about the surgeries. Stuff like that really makes me rethink what I thought I knew about someone. I guess Alil and I didn't really know each other at all.