Monday, October 4, 2010

Help

Russ approached me tonight and said, "Our babies are going to be malnourished and have scurvy and bow legs if your diet is just Ramen and fruit snacks."

I had no retaliation, because he's right. Not about the scurvy, but about my pathetic diet.

Those who know me well know that I can't cook. Really. My mom is an excellent cook, and somehow none of her skills got passed down to me. I've been married for two years and I can count all the meals I have made on one hand.

I need to be better. So I am asking you, if you have any pity, to send me your recipes. Easy ones. So easy an idiot could make them. That's what I am in the kitchen. Just to be sure, I asked Russell, "I'm not that bad am I?" and he said "I plead the fifth."

If you have anything good and easy that is more healthy than Ramen, email me at aubreylee21@gmail.com.

Thank you ahead of time.

9 comments:

Clayton and Danielle said...

Tell me what you like or want a recipe for and I will give it to you. I really have a million really good recipes:) Good Luck! p.s. scurvy is kind of gross so I thought I should help

Sara said...

I have like no meals either. But I am going to go get this little cookbook my old roommate made called "cooking for 2" and i will type some out and email them to you. we really really really really miss you guys. a lot. love you

Jason + Sarah said...

I'm not a cook either!! But, you can always make a meal out of something easy. BLT's, tacos, fajitas, Hotdogs or hamburgers, any kind of pasta with different sauces. I'm telling you, I suck at cooking but somehow these or fool proof. Just don't leave the tacos in the oven for too long, they will burn and be gross!

Ryan + Jess said...

Tara and I started a blog called compliments to the chef (you can link to it off my blog) with a bunch of our favorite recipes. I am always looking for yummy, easy recipes and if I ever find one I post it on there! So...check it out! And good luck.

allison said...

ahahah! Oh I love you crazy kids! They will be wild freakishly tall amazon bow-legged scurvy children and they will be so cute. Actually...have you no fear...it is important to eat healthy when you're pregnant but babies are pretty good at sucking all the good stuff they can from you no matter what you eat. But I will send you some of my easy recipes! ...and I won't ask if you guys are keeping a certain special secret right now but I'm THINKING it!

byufish said...

One word: CROCKPOT!!!!! We'll talk on Sunday....

allison said...

I never did send you recipes. But I will right now.

Abbie said...

Aubs, here's one I use all the time. I developed it freshman year and its super easy. All you need is rice a roni, peas, and grilled or canned chicken.
Follow the package directions for the rice a roni. Its really very easy.
Either grill some chicken with your favorite seasoning, or buy some canned chicken. If you're grilling it, just cook it all the way and let it rest for 5 mins - this keeps it juicy. :) If you're going the canned route, just open it and drain it. I recommend the grilled way! :)
When the rice a roni is done, dump some peas in there. I just eyeball it, depending on how many I want in there that day. Then cut up your chicken and add it as well. Mix it all together and TA DA! You have a meal with good for you protein, veggies, and yummy seasoned rice. Let me know if you like it! :)

Lindsey said...

Yeah, so everyone wants to know, are you trying to eat healthier because of a certain something growing inside you?