Friday, December 31, 2010

Our 2010

I've decided to go public again. My friends keep telling me their invitation to view this blog has expired. Lame. So come one, come all, check out the awesome happenings of the Lees. Apparently I don't care anymore if everyone in the world wants to creep around and read Russ & Aub.

This month's post is a recap of our year.

January
We moved into Nana's basement and I started student teaching at AF Junior High. I had no idea all the challenges and hilarity that were in store for me when this picture was taken on my first day. We got called as primary teachers.

February
Russ made me a spectacular dinner for Valentine's Day and I learned that I love sweet potatoes. We watched a lot of cool old movies with Nana. I loved student teaching.

March
My good friend Spencer Ring came back from his mission and we had Asian Night, where we ate a ton of Japanese food, talked about Japanese culture, and made a huge mess of the kitchen. It was awesome, but it would have been even better if Tiffani-chan had been there.

April
I finished my student teaching and graduated from BYU. Russ was so supportive and the best cheerleader I could have asked for.

May
Align Center
I went to San Francisco to train for my summer job, and Katie joined me at the end. We had the best time. I celebrated my 23rd birthday with strawberry pie.

June
While the rest of my family was in Disneyland, Russ and I watched this puppy. I started teaching for the Institute of Reading Development and Russ started working at the airport.

July
We lit sparklers, went swimming, and went to a ton of parades. All month long. It was fabulous. Happy Birthday America.

August
We hiked Timp. Twice. It was hard. We moved to Salt Lake and I started teaching at Midvale Middle. It was hard. We celebrated our 2nd anniversary at the Pie Pizzeria. I spend a lot of money on cardigans - a teacher can never have enough.

September

We went to a lot of farms and drank a lot of cider. Russ turned 25 and we bought a couch. I began to regret those bangs.

October
We carved pumpkins with Jared and Elle, and then spent Halloween watching Teen Wolf and eating pizza and hiding quietly when kids came to the door because we forgot to buy candy for anyone but ourselves.

November
Our car was rear-ended and we got an awesome rental car for two weeks. Russ worked hard at school and I worked hard at not strangling any students. We had a lovely Thanksgiving at the Lees.

December
We got to go to the Christmas concert with David Archuleta and loved it. We had a really fun Christmas with my family in American Fork. Russ finished his finals and we both enjoyed two weeks off. We filled the time with parties, movies, ice skating, caroling, eating, staying up late, sleeping in late, roller skating, and Limbo. I liked all of it except Limbo. We bought a car.

Things we are looking forward to in 2011:
  • Me finishing my first year of teaching
  • Having the summer off - I still can't believe that's going to happen
  • Spring Break
  • Saving our money and going on cool trips
  • Russell's sister Erin's wedding to Sam
  • Giving talks in church on Sunday

7 comments:

mj said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for commenting on my blog. I loved getting to hang out with you this summer.

mj said...

i meant this christmas

Diane said...

Hey Aubrey, I just found your update. I love all the pictures! I am super sad we I didnt know sooner you were talking in church, we would have come down for sure. I am positive you were wonderful! Konrad and I are coming to SL on Friday night. Maybe we can see you somehow. I will call you.

Sara said...

OK i dont know why i just saw this. I love it. I wanted to say something about every single month but I forgot what I was going to say. We need to come up and visit you guys. Its been so long. we miss you so much.

Shawn and Jessica Webb said...

I found you!!! Kinda creepy right? haha I love you!!

Jess

Vanessa said...

Aubrey! I'm terrible at facebook but (unintuitively) great at stalking your blog :)

We need to hang out sometime in the next two weeks because I am moving to Phoenix at the end of January! Yay nice winters, boo horrible summers.

So! I mean it! My number is 801.376.7431 and I neeeed to see you while we're still in the same zip code. The end.

zookie said...

Do any of those cool trips include coming to Japan? When is your Spring Break?? Maybe I'll still be here.