Friday, February 18, 2011

Unfair


This is what I look like right now, except my duvet is black, there are lots more dirty Kleenexes on the dresser, and my hair is longer and much more limp and straggly.

I feel like death. There's a knife in my throat, I keep coughing, my eyes are watering, and my nose is runny yet plugged and feels like it's about to crawl off my face. Also, I've been blowing and wiping it so often that there's a sick red scab under it.

It's 8:45 on a Friday night and this is so unfair. I have a three-day weekend ahead of me and I can do nothing more than sit in bed and drink Airborne and watch Princess and the Frog on Netflix. Russ is at the gym without me. I'm lonely and sad. I've been sick for the last week and a half, and every time I think I'm at the cusp of getting better, another one of my sweet students sneezes in my face.

I guess the bright side is that I have three days to recuperate, and hopefully I'll be back to my perky self by Tuesday morning, bright and early, when I go back to teaching. That's what is most important. Right?

Wahhhhh!

10 comments:

Jess said...

Wow I wish you lived closer so I could bring you a vat of chicken noodle soup! I'm sorry. Isn't that always the way it goes? Sick on vacation. Hope you recover soon! Or at least give it to Russ so he can suffer with you :) just kidding!

mj said...

Oh no Aubie!!! YOu need a gallon of water and dayquil. That always helps me. That picture is hilarious. Miss you.

Diane said...

Oh Aubrey, I am so sorry. Being sick is one of the hardest trials in life. I hope Russell can be a good Florence Nightengale to you. Get better soon.

Shawn and Jessica Webb said...

:( I hope you feel better! Being sick just sucks! Especially on your break! Make that man spoil you to death with soup, kisses & chick flicks!!

Sara said...

having a runny/stuffed nose is the worst thing ever. hope you start feeling better, and maybe can enjoy atleast monday of the long weekend. love you

byufish said...

Starving Students couldn't happen without you. We postponed!! And if it helps, I could bring up some Neo Citran....a great Canadian Cold Kicker!! I should have done that today after Choir...but my brain wasn't in my head this morning. Love you!!!

allison said...

Aubrey, I hope you are feeling better! I totally know you're pain...just wait until you have a toddler...they are germ MAGNETS! We were sick pretty much from the end of November until about a week ago. Lame lame lame. I hope you are feeling better.

De Rosa said...

You are too cute and I am so glad you came to book club tonight. You are so smart and funny no wonder you hubby snatched you up. And your blog is too cute. Here is our blog thederosafamily.blogspot.com
See ya Sunday, hollie

Rob and Mely said...

Sorry you were sick. Can I just tell you.. your posts are so entertaining, they make me giggle!

emma's thoughts said...

Aubie! So sad you are sick. Hope you get to feeling better. Get a lot of rest and eat well!



Love Emma