Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A House Divided

Last night, in the middle of a heated argument, Russell stopped me and said, "Hold on a minute. I think I know why we're fighting. It's come down to the U and the Y, hasn't it? We're a house divided. We're fighting because of your Cougar Pride, aren't we?"

This comment struck me as especially hilarious, as I think it will to all those who know of my total apathy for BYU Athletics, and sports in general. I have zero Cougar Pride. I don't know any BYU athletes and (gasp!) I don't watch any football games. Or any other sport games. Ever.

Obviously, he was just trying to distract me from being angry. And for a split second, because of how ludicrous it was, it worked. Well done Russ.

10 comments:

mj said...

ha. That is pretty funny. How's Russ liking the U these days?

Sara said...

russ is cute. we have to come see you guys so we can hear about his experiences at the U. love you guys.

Audrey said...

hahaha so funny. love you aubs.

byufish said...

Oh....that's GREAT....don't tell anyone but even though my code name has byu in it...I don't follow anything there either. I try to keep that hidden cuz you-know-who employs me (or is it you-know-it?)

*Brandi said...

That is totally hilarious! And I'm with you on that whole thing. I couldn't care less about sports. Never attended a football game in my 4 years at BYU. And I'm still living!

Alarie said...

So happy to be able to read your blog again! I must have missed the going private memo. Life looks wonderful!

allison said...

hahahah, it's always nice when there's one person who can do that in the middle of an argument. Well done Russ, well done.

Chris said...

I try not to watch sports either but sometimes I come upon them with no warning and must suffer thru it because Chris suffered thru seasons of Trading Spaces when it was on and then reruns. I am glad you've gone public again I really missed you guys and reading your blogs - they make me smile EVERYTIME. Linda

Shawn and Jessica Webb said...

haha that's hilarious.

mj said...

madame lee. it's true. I have a sister-in-law who lives in Calgary who also speaks quite a bit of French. Miss you. When are you coming here?