Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mobile Pictures

My cell phone is going the way of the world. It's as old as our marriage - two and a half years old. Recently, the screen is going crazy and turning all the text upside down and flipping it right to left. It makes it impossible to see if I have texts or voicemails. Right now, however, is a rare moment where it has returned back to normal. I don't know how long this will last, but before I lose them forever, I thought I'd upload some pictures. Here they are, in no particular order.

From an air mattress box. Sleep soundly on a crisp Belgian waffle.

At Nordstrom Rack, trying to find a new outfit. Russ was helpful and found me the perfect one. When he held it up to me he said, "Just close your eyes and picture...Friday night, just got paid. Now open your eyes."

At the craft store. Any small animal wearing an Easter bonnet is a perfect recipe for hilarity.

Last summer when I taught reading, one of my 7-year-olds stayed late after class, waiting for her mom to pick her up. Russ came to get me and entertained her by drawing on the board. He drew all kinds of animals for her and she said she wanted to draw a lion. This is what she drew and we thought it was precious.

Midvale Middle. I took this picture right after my first interview.

My new haircut, sitting in the weird ugly chair that came with our first apartment.

A nightly occurrence: Russ rubbing my feet while he watches ESPN.

My good friend Alli's little Evie. She's a lot older now but I loved her squishy cheeks when she was a babe.

Probably the worst picture ever taken of either of us.

Beautiful BYU campus in the fall.

My coworker Craig smashed his face into one of these things and then stuck a chocolate Kiss in there too. Weird.

I absolutely love finding smiley faces in weird places, like the top of a toilet paper dispenser.

My favorite picture EVER. Russ loved the Easter aisle at the grocery store, and became especially attached to this little guy. I think he would have bought him if I hadn't objected.

6 comments:

Alison Margot Lee said...

I love you and I love these pictures.

BYU Fish said...

Great to see you last night...LOVE the pictures...I should look at my camera...great idea!!

Jessica and Reece said...

So, I'm incredibly happy you commented on my blog because I've been stalking yours for awhile now (found it through another wardie). I have met your husband, but I think it's high time we meet in real life!

And I am so jealous about your upcoming Paris trip! I adore Paris!

allison said...

hahaha, I loved seeing that random picture of Evie in there! She's gotten so big since then, it's so crazy. All those pictures were hilarious. That last sheep picture reminded me of that yellow "ahhh" creature in Horton Hears A Who.

emma's thoughts said...

Your pictures are adorable! I really love the one with Russ holding the baby lamie. SO CUTE! Email me around the clock.

Love you so much!



Emma

byufish said...

What the....I don't even REMEMBER writing that comment....but I just wanted to comment on the smiley face...I KNOW that smiley face!! I see it every day....aaaahhhhhh!! Miss you in the building...but you are in a far far better place now!