Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Rest (and the Best) of our Trip

After Geneva, we spent a full week in Paris. We slept on Brian and Mary-Jane's floor in a crowded pups' nest.
First we ran Katie around the city to all the major monuments. We walked everywhere - I had a pedometer with me and we clocked 78 miles on this trip. Katie wasn't used to all the walking and she got a bunch of blisters - the bottoms of her feet looked like she cooked them in a waffle iron. Here are the sites we visited:

La Tour Eiffel








Notre Dame




Place de la Concorde




L'Arc de Triomphe





L'Hotel des Invalides



Le Musée du Louvre


 



L'Opéra Garnier



Sacré Coeur







Les Jardins de Luxembourg



Then we spent a day at Versailles.







Racing around and seeing all the sites took about four days, and we still had three more to engage in all sorts of merriment, relaxation and tomfoolery, such as...


















What a delightful trip. We had the best time. Thanks again Brian and Mary-Jane for having us.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so in love with the picture of you two kissing with the Eiffel Tower in the background. And it's making me regret not traveling more before having a baby. Hope you had a fantastic time! (Oh, and P.S. I met your mom at Costco this week. It was awesome.)

Stephanie said...

This looks so amazing. It looks like you guys had an awesome time. You remind me how I want to go back so bad!

mj said...

AUBIE! We loved having you. We'll have to travel somewhere fun together in the future. Can't wait to see you! It's only a week now!

Mallory said...

Love love love!! I'm so so glad you got the opportunity to go back. It looks as breathtaking as ever. :) I want to hear all about it! If coconut lady is still there, if you saw moham, if the Scotsmen are still get their kilts blown every which way at the Moulin Rouge, and if Zara is just as much of a pleasing-factor as it ever was. :) Looks incredible. So. happy. For. Jew. I mean...you. :)

De Rosa said...

Amazing, I didn't want this blog post to end! Your pictures where gorgeous and the colors where so rich! I wanted to be there next to you. Next time you go count us in we want to go with you guys. You guys look like you had too much fun. Plus having a translater would be awesome! I am glad you guys are back we missed you.

allison said...

AWWWWWWW Aubrey you took a book on Rue Bellanger!!! That makes me want to cry. Did you try ringing up to mdarde? Did le petit chat caramel jump out the window into your loving and waiting arms? I hope so. I love all these pictures so much. It made me so happy to see them. One day we will travel back togeza! Together! And you are all such beautiful people.

allison said...

ok...why did I type "book"...I meant to say you took a "picture" not a book...maybe you had a book there too, I don't know, but I mean picture. I have a total Mom brain, it's just turned to goo, I'm telling you.

Ashley said...

This looks wonderful! I'm so so jealous and love all of these pics! :) miss you aub! (and russ, of course!)

Mandy said...

I want to go so much!! Seriously, I am inspired to buy a ticket, and know zero French.

Brindy said...

WoW Aubrey these pictures are amazing! You all look like you had so much fun. I would love to go there one day. Your sister and you are so pretty. I loved the pictures of you two, you can just see the sister love you too have for each other.

Morgan said...

Wow- gorgeous pics Aubrey! Such amazing places you visited! Wow. Man, I need to get back out there and take some of those darling kissing Eiffel pics with my hubby. Glad you had fun!