Thursday, July 12, 2012

Whirlwind Trip to Arizona










One of my best friends Tiffani got married this week to Hideaki Suzuki in the Mesa Temple, so Russ and I took a quick road trip down to Phoenix. The wedding was lovely and I was so happy to be there. On the drive back, we stopped at the Grand Canyon. The views were incredible, and I also enjoyed listening to the other tourists talk and trying to guess what country they were from.

Arizona is ridiculously hot. Experiencing the 114-degree heat as a 6-month pregnant woman was, to say the least, an uncomfortable endeavor, and one that I am not eager to repeat. Russ and I spent 72 hours drenched in sweat from head to toe and swearing up and down that when we got back, we would never complain about Utah's "heat" (we are such babies here).


The bigger I get, the less likely we are to take another trip before baby boy arrives, so I guess this counted as our babymoon. We had a really good time, and I'm so grateful to Russ who drove the whole time and let me sleep and put my feet up on the dashboard. What a gem.

3 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Good reminder for me. Oh how I complained about Utah's heat today. I was so miserable and at a few points literally thought I was going to melt. I don't know how much worse being six months pregnant with TWO babies is than one, but wow, it was bad. Never realized how lucky I was to not be pregnant in the summer last time.

byufish said...

STARVING STUDENTS!!!! Send me a text with your "free time"....Sara's around until Aug 3.....miss seeing you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Please don't circumcise your baby boy!It hurts, it's medically unnecessary and Christians aren't required to circ. You can even check out Moroni 8:8 for more info. Search online for circumcision complications and death rates, foreskin function, circ rates(much lower than 20 years ago). Please keep your son intact.