Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Jolly Holiday























I started off Christmas Break by quitting my job.

I had very mixed emotions walking out of Midvale Middle School for the last time. So happy to get to stay home with Graham, and also so heartbroken to leave, not knowing when and if I will ever return to public education. I have had a wonderful experience. I learned a lot, made some great teacher friends, and also enjoyed the kids immensely.

The best part of having our families live so close is getting to spend quality time with both over the holiday season.

Graham met his cousin James for the first time. I loved seeing them together.

The highlight of Christmas Day was caroling at a care center, and then playing indoor soccer at the church- Russell's gift to my sister Emma.

Russell got to spend quality time with his best friend Gabe.

Graham has no bedtime (bad parents) and was wide awake to ring in 2013 with us.

2012 was a pretty good year- we went to Las Vegas and Phoenix, celebrated our fourth anniversary, and moved to Millcreek. Russ ran a marathon and I finished my second year of teaching. Best of all, we welcomed our sweet son into our lives and he has already made us happier than we could have ever imagined.

We are excited for 2013 and the adventures that lie ahead. One of my resolutions is to blog more frequently. We'll see if I can keep it and blog again before February. Ha.

10 comments:

mj said...

You don't even know how happy it makes me!!!!!!! I love it when you blog and love it even more when we skype. I think we have to do a force skype tomorrow okay? Love you.

Sara said...

i loved the update and all the pictures.
miss you guys.

Erin said...

I love your family! y'all (i live in Texas)look so good for your soccer match.

Erin said...

OH, and I think Graham is so adorable when he cries!

Erin said...

One more. You know how to post a comment you have to "prove you are not a robot." Well for me it should say prove your not an idiot- it takes me ten times to get it right.

Audrey said...

love that last picture.

Diane said...

Oh I love this post!!! So good talking to you yesterday. AND so looking forward to this weekend.

byufish said...

Love the pics!! Love the family PJs this year as well!! G&G Salmon are ALWAYS happy for new blogs to read and pictures to look at....you will make them VERY HAPPY! Love ya....love that we hung out for awhile last weekend!

Casey said...

What a great year for your family! The picture of y'all in your jammies is hilarious!! I love it! Happy New Year!!

Linda J said...

Love your posts, so here's hoping you find time to do more. Had so much fun with you, Russ and little G. He is so sweet! Thanks for hanging out with us last weekend. It's always sad heading back north. Love you.