Monday, January 21, 2013

January 21, 2012

January 21st is a special day for me. Exactly a year ago, I found out I was pregnant.

I had to go into the middle school that day for some grading. As soon as I was finished, I raced to the Smith's at Fort Union and bought a pregnancy test. I settled for the $7 one after the pharmacist reassured me several times that it was just as effective as the $26 one.

I ran into a bathroom stall, and a few minutes later, shocked the other restroom patrons with a scream of surprise and delight. A feeble plus sign had appeared, and then became more and more pronounced.

I stumbled out to my car. I was so overwhelmed and elated that I cried all the way home. When I burst in the front door, I found Russ on the phone. I smiled and held up the test and he quickly ended his conversation. We shrieked and jumped up and down together several times, then ran to the store and bought two more tests, just to make sure.


I love January 21st, and will always remember with fondness the day we found out we were going to be parents.



Talk about a cause for celebration.

5 comments:

Stephanie Salmon said...

I love this post! There aren't many things better than finding out youre pregnant. I don't find out with a test and in fact it's Brandon that finds out first and tells me but its awesome.

Linda J said...

Thanks for sharing, so funny! I got a smile on my face thinking of those other bathroom occupants and what they must have thought. Couldn't ask for a cuter outcome - love that little man! So happy.

Erin said...

love you, love the graham

byufish said...

Simple, sweet, but oh so powerful!! We're happy January 21st is so memorable. I wonder if the other stall occupants remember that day as well?

allison said...

Oh this made me teary-eyed! love it all!