Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers' Day




"Making the decision to have a child - it is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body." -Elizabeth Stone

Graham isn't walking yet, but it's absolutely true that my heart is rolling, scooting and lunging all over our living room floor. I'm eternally grateful to this little sweetheart for making me a mother. I could never express how much I love him, how even the tough stuff - like when he fusses loudly during church, or chucks my bottle of foundation on the bathroom floor and it shatters, or spits up all over my suede shoes  - is 100% worth it. It is overwhelming, hilarious, scary, humbling, empowering, and delightful to be his mom.

I'm also thankful for the wonderful examples I find in my mother and mother-in-law. What kind, creative, wise and amazing women!

Happy Mothers' Day to mothers everywhere.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This made me smile. You are such a good mama. I love you! Happy Mothers Day and Happy Birthday!