Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So Far This School Year

So far, I like my classes. My favorite is flexibility, where we take a 15-minute power nap every day. Russell likes his classes too. His favorite is international relations. We are thankful for financial aid that helps us go to school.

In the spirit of all the warm weather lately, I wore a short-sleeved shirt and shorts yesterday and got drenched in the rain. So today, I wore a turtleneck and a cardigan and jeans and it's actually quite sweaty and hot outside. Blast.

Russell and I recently saw Julie and Julia and it was delightful. I'd recommend it to everyone.

I took the PRAXIS exam for French content knowledge last Saturday. It was expensive. This test measures my understanding of French and makes sure that I know enough to teach it. My favorite question was:
In which of the following countries do the natives NOT speak French?
A. Cameroon
B. Haiti
C. Ivory Coast
D. Vietnam

Unfortunately, not all the questions were this easy. Most of them were really difficult. I hope I passed.

6 comments:

VessandAngie said...

vess took that same flexibility class 2 years ago and still thinks he is the most flexible person in the world. haha i miss you!

BYU Fish said...

You make me laugh!! I love the random comments...and I HATE that I had to move everything out of the office so they could take my walls down and then put them back up again. SHEESH!!! Sorry you came to visit during the crazy move out moment!

Sara said...

Dude I hope you did well too. I bet you did. That little nap class sounds fun. Can't wait to see you. Love youguys.

Diane said...

I am sure you aced the test! Alison is trying her french on me after school every day.

It's Me...shell said...

That's awesome you both like your schedules this semester! I'm sure you passed.

allison said...

hahahhahha, vietnam