Tuesday, September 1, 2009

August

August was a really fun and busy month. Here's what we did.
We had a fun time when Gabe came to stay for a weekend.
We went to Aspen, Colorado with the Lee family to visit
Brian and Mary-Jane.
We love them.

We celebrated our anniversary by going back to where we were married a year ago and doing an endowment session.
Then we went horseback riding.
We hiked Stewart Falls.
We also hiked Timp with my dad.
I am incredibly sore from that experience and proud of myself for not succumbing and renting a wheelchair to get around campus on the first day of school.
Russ and I are sad to see the summer end, but glad to be students again! It's only the second day of school and I'm already busy. I love all my classes. This is my last semester here before I start student teaching for a French class in January. Weird. I remember thinking student teachers were really old (and boring) when I was in junior high and high school. I can't believe I am going to be one. Russ is still pursuing a Political Science degree and he loves it. We are working hard and keeping busy and happy.

9 comments:

Ryan + Jess said...

SO glad you made it to the top of Timp! Quite the experience...

Looks like a busy month for you guys!

Sara said...

I've been on campus for two days and haven't seen you.
Love you guys.

Elle Keeps Moving said...

I am so impressed that you guys hiked timp!! And I love that you had on stretch pants! I love stretch pants!

Miss you guys and love you guys and want to hang out with you guys. you guys. you guys. xoxo

Diane said...

Great blog Aubrey - you are probably the most photogenic person I know! You look beautiful in every single picture. I am sad we might not see you this weekend. We will try to hurry home.

BYU Fish said...

You really did do some GREAT things this summer!! Glad you're in the same building!

mj said...

Really?? Did you have to post the worst picture of me? EVER! I've never seen myself look so horrible. Ha ha ha. I hope the start up of school went smoothly.

mj said...

PS. You guys look so cool on those horses.

allison said...

looks like so much fun! i'm so excited to see you guys. enjoy your last semester of classes...it feels so weird not to be going anymore, i miss it...and at the same time i don't. anyways, you guys are great.

It's Me...shell said...

Wow you guys did have a busy fun filled august!