Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Pits

Well.
My computer just deleted hundreds of my new photos.
With no explanation as to where they went.
I haven't felt this saddened or frustrated in a long time.
After a good cry and a large amount of crippling despair,
I have come to terms with it.
Almost.
After all, the experiences themselves are more important than the pictures.
(I just really love to print them out and put them in books...that's what my mom has done and I love getting them out and starting with their first year of marriage together and seeing myself as a 2-year-old and
reliving hilarious memories of my family growing up.)
So I will just tell you about the rest of October instead of show you.
Daniel celebrated his 18th birthday and we gave him a nice white button-up shirt.
I dressed up as a black cat for Halloween at my school.
We went to a murder mystery party. Russ was a mathlete and I was his math team cheerleader.
He had a mustache and looked like a pervert and we laughed about it the whole night.
We went to Island Park with our ward friends and had a blast. We stayed in a sweet cabin, hiked to the bottom of a gorgeous waterfall, saw the Old Faithful geyser at Yellowstone, drove around for hours in a sweet RV and played lots of games, and held darling babies. Oh, and Russ got some slack line and set up a tightrope between two trees.
I am ending this before I sink too deep into depression.

5 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Aubrey, SO sorry. Your weekend sounded fun. Sorry we were stalking your house on Saturday. We forgot. Hope you had a fun Halloween. Konrad wore the fat suit with a biker vest and polynesian hair. He kept telling kids to "get out of here". Then the old dead tree we had on the front porch with lights fell and nearly took out the eye of our neighbor. AWKWARD. Miss you.

L.R.L said...

do you have a Mac? If so Tyler can help you find those photos....

we miss you guys.

Nan and Aaron said...

Oh, so sad. I've done that before too. All this digital stuff can be great but so frustrating too. Hang in there and thanks for the update even without pics.

Sara said...

Ahhh I'm so sorry Aub. That is the worst feeling ever. Sounds like you guys are busy and having fun. Miss you

mj said...

I"m so so so sorry. Computer roblems are the pitts. The good news is the information is still on your computer! YOu just need to go to a computer place and have them revive your files. It stinks, but it's worth it. I wish I could see your Halloween pics.