Monday, September 26, 2011

Birthday Weekend

Russ turned 26 on Saturday. 
We got up at the crack of dawn to hike Timp with my dad, Katie, and Daniel.
It's such a beautiful hike. It was my fifth time reaching the summit.







We drove home and showered and napped and then partied the night away.
Russ got a ton of treats and fun things. He was so happy.





I love this boy so much. I am so grateful he's mine. Who else would learn the song "Aubrey" on the guitar and sing it to me on our anniversary? Who else would play soccer with Emma in the backyard for 2 hours after hiking 18 miles? Who else would miss the BYU vs. Utah game to clean our church building and sing songs with me while he cleans the urinals and I wipe the sinks?
He is the absolute best.


5 comments:

Sara said...

i miss you guys.
russ looks so happy posing with all the food :) the cake looks divine. he is such a great guy, and you are a great girl. do i sound like a grandma? or what?
miss you/love you

Diane said...

First, there is a small green child behind you. Also, last picture Russ, did you lay that pipe?

Diane said...

I seriously love this post. Looking forward to spending time this weekend. you both are the most adorable.

mj said...

You guys look great. I love that picture of you with the wilderness behind. It looks like it was a good birthday. Love you guys.

Alison Margot Lee said...

that's a good lookin' suit. good one, rusty. love your blog. love you. excited for you to come to L-town. its gonna be a goodie.